At Apache Junction, our focus is short-term rehabilitation. We work with each patient to help him/her reach their highest level of functional ability.
Our physical therapy team works toward specific goals of achieving the patient’s highest functional level of independence. Physical therapy focuses on identification and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairment and pain, as well as future injury prevention. Following evaluation, our experienced physical therapists develop an individualized treatment program. The goal is to achieve safety in a variety of areas
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Increasing strength and mobility in the body and lower extremities
- Increasing motor control for a patient who has suffered a stroke
- Improving coordination, balance and the ability to walk following a fracture
- Improving overall strength conditioning, range of motion and endurance
- Managing pain
- Teaching proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- Promoting safety awareness for the well-being of the patient
Our professional occupational therapists use task-directed activities in the treatment of our patients whose functional abilities, daily activities, and independence have been impaired by illness, injury, or aging.
Occupational therapy assists our patients in adapting to their social and physical environment by mastering tasks essential for daily living. Our occupational therapists may work with patients who have debilitating arthritic conditions or those with difficulty bathing, dressing, and other activities of daily living. They also assist patients with impaired vision and/or hearing to function well in their environment.
Areas of treatment may include:
- Functional independence: eating, bathing, toileting, homemaking, cooking,
- Maintenance of wellness: dressing and grooming
- Prevention of further disability: home assessments and modifications, adaptive equipment
- Increasing safety awareness
At Apache Junction, we strive to help each of our patients attain their highest level of functional ability. In addition to physical and occupational therapy, we also offer pet therapy, Wii coordination therapy, and music therapy.